In undertaking psychotherapy, you will be providing me with certain personal data. In so doing it is important that you are aware of and agree to the following:
- As a member of BACP I am required to keep accurate and appropriate notes of our work together. I record my session notes securely on a laptop that is only used by me, and this is password protected at both the level of the individual document and the laptop itself.
- Any paper documents are locked in a robust non-portable cabinet to which only I have access.
- Notes are anonymous, free of identifying information, and are kept for up to 7 years (or 7 years after a young person turns 18) as per my insurance guidelines and then securely destroyed by shredding.
- Contact details are not shared and digitally stored information cannot be connected to notes.
- This contract and other documentation that includes personal data are kept secure and in a separate location from notes.
- Information may be shared with outside agencies in the event of a safeguarding issue or other professional requirement. (e.g. immediate risk of substantial harm to self or others; or under a legal requirement, e.g. terrorism, drug money laundering; or via court order for disclosure)
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration Number ZB217244) and any information that I keep is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 18) and United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation UK-GDPR see Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk and BACP’s Privacy notice. https://www.bacp.co.uk/privacy-notice.
GDPR – Your Rights; You have the right;-
- to access a copy and explanation of your personal data
- to request correction or erasure, in certain circumstances
- to request limiting or ceasing data processing, where applicable
- to compensation for substantial damage or distress caused by data processing, where applicable
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about how your personal data is processed.